LAST UPDATED: December 21, 2021
This Notice is not a contract and does not create any legal rights or obligations. This Notice also is not intended to replace other notices or disclosures we may provide to you in connection with your application for a job or eventual role in our organization, which will supersede any conflicting disclosures contained in this Notice.
What is Personal Information?
When we use the term “personal information” in this Notice, we mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, to you as a job applicant or potential or hired individual contractor. It does not include aggregated or anonymized information that is maintained in a form that is not capable of being associated with or reasonably linked to you.
Our Collection of Personal Information
During the recruiting process, when you apply for a job with us, and when we hire you as an individual contractor, we collect personal information about you, which may include:
- Contact Information: such as your full name, email address, home address and telephone number.
- Professional History & Qualifications: such as your current and previous employers, positions and work experience, skills, training, professional licenses, certificates or other qualifications, and employment references or referrals.
- Educational History & Qualifications: such as your highest level of education, the schools you attended and when you were in attendance, training, degrees, certificates or other educational qualifications you earned, and your transcripts or educational references.
- Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Information: such as race, gender expression, disability and/or veteran status.
- Background Check Information: For certain positions and contractor engagements we conduct a background check including criminal conviction history, credit history and/or drug testing that may be relevant for the position with us and collect additional information from you to perform such background check, such as date of birth or social security number. The results of the background check may include personal information such as driving record, conviction record, and/or sexual offender registry information about you.
- Other Application and Interview Information: any personal information you choose to share with us in your interview or application, CV, resume, transcripts, letters of recommendation, or other supporting documentation.
Although we often collect the personal information described above directly from you, we may also collect certain information from our current and former employees, recruiters, references, and job-related social media sites (such as LinkedIn). In addition, we may also collect this information through service providers and other third-parties that collect it on our behalf, such as communications providers, scheduling providers, and application providers.
Our Use of Personal Information
We use the personal information we collect during the recruiting or hiring process, when you apply for a job with us and when we hire you as an individual contractor to:
- Identify you as a potential candidate and review your application for a position with us;
- Verify the accuracy of information provided to us in connection with your application or received from other sources;
- Determine your eligibility and suitability for the potential position or other opportunities with us, including assessing your skill sets and aptitude;
- Facilitate the recruiting and interview process;
- Communicate with you about the status of your application or other opportunities with us that may be of interest to you;
- Assess and improve the performance and success of our recruiting and hiring process and goals;
- Conduct internal investigations, audits, compliance, risk management, problem resolution and security operations;
- Conduct business administration activities;
- Enforce and fulfill contractual obligations with you and other third parties; or
- Comply with applicable law, rule, regulation, legal proceeding, or government investigation, including relating to tax reporting.
Please note that if you accept a job offer from us, we may transfer the personal information we collected about you during the recruiting and job application process to your personnel file with us.
If you have any questions or requests in connection with this Notice or other privacy-related matters, please send a message to [email protected].